A fascinating day out combining the history of one of Australia’s Benedictine abbeys with the world-renowned mystical Pinnacles Desert.
Adult : AUD $185
Child (2 – 12 YRS) : AUD $110
Departs: 08 : 00am
Returns : 19 : 30pm (approximately)
- Driver & Guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off Service
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food & Drinks (Lunch Included)
- Any Private Expenses
- Gratuities ( Optional)
- Age of 2 to 12 years old below is considered as child or kid (Age is justified based on departure date), Child or kid has to travel with adult. 12 years old and above pays adult tour price.
- Company reserves the right to cancel tour if the weather is bad or other force majeure factors.
- Exact order of itinerary items may be subject to change as required
- Terms and conditions applied.
- Wildflower season commences September through to early November.
- Profusion of wildflowers depends on weather and other conditions, therefore we cannot guarantee sightings.
- Vegetarian and halal options can be requested.
- Please advise any dietary requirements at time of booking.
Things to bring
- We recommend you to bring sunglasses, sun hat, sunscreen, camera, water bottle, thin coat and rain gear, comfortable walking shoes.
How to join the group
- On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the Pickup List as specified in details.
1. NEW NORCIA
The most sensible way to explore New Norcia is to follow the two short heritage trails which are detailed in the New Norcia Heritage Trail: The Development of the Benedictine Settlement at New Norcia, Western Australia.
- Travel through the Swan Valley to New Norcia, Australia’s only monastic town which is renowned for its Benedictine Abbey. Drive through the town and learn of the intriguing history and culture of the community before stopping for morning tea.
2. SHOPPING, MUSEUM & ART GALLERY
A little piece of Spain comes alive in this town, full of history, art and architecture. The town’s main attraction is the museum and art gallery. In the museum you will find extraordinary artefacts dating back to when New Norcia was an Aboriginal mission, a hub for farming and a diverse town for education and culture.
- Afterwards, visit a produce shop for the chance to purchase Benedictine Community goods including olive oil, fruit, wine, New Norcia nut cake and breads. Alternatively, visit the museum and art gallery.
4. PINNACLES DESERT
These mystical limestone pillars make up one of Australia’s most unique landscapes. Rising eerily out of the sand and reaching up to several metres tall. See the Pinnacles from the lookout over the park or take a guided walk through these amazing spiers. If time permits be sure to make a visit to the Pinnacle Desert Discovery Centre to discover even more about these natural wonders.
- Visit the Pinnacles Desert where you enjoy an easy paced walk through these mystical limestone pillars.
3. WESTERN WILDFLOWER FARM
Stop to view wildflowers throughout the tour whilst they are in season. Varieties include the orange flowering Christmas Tree, Kangaroo Paw, Banksia, Wattle and Everlastings.
- Wildflower viewing stops are made in seasons.
( subject to seasonal conditions and the best viewing locations )